Pandora’s Box – An Auto Translator for Re: Zero – The Forbidden Book and the Mysterious Spirit Gacha Game
What is Pandora’s Box?
Pandora’s Box is a browser extension available for Chrome and Firefox, developed by @LoremIpsumVerb, @rezidl and Rolf as a Witch Cult Translations project. It leverages the power of DeepL to automatically Machine Translate the Gacha Browser Game: Re: Zero – The Forbidden Book and the Mysterious Spirit, which is a free to play game available here. The game requires a Japanese VPN to play, such as VPN Gate and a DMM account – which is free to make. Otherwise you will not be able to log into the game. The VPN is only needed to initially get into the game, once you are fully loaded into the game and on the main menu, you can turn it off for better connection.
Pandora’s Box Extension Installation – Google Chrome
- Extract the contents of Pandoras_Box.zip
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Extensions Manager page by clicking the burger menu, then more tools and finally “Extensions” as seen in the screenshot below. Or simply write chrome://extensions in the search bar if you prefer that.
- On the top right hand side of the Extensions Manager page, you will see a “Developer Mode” prompt. Make sure to enable it as seen below.
- Three options will appear, make sure to select “Load Unpacked” as seen below.
- A dialog will appear asking you to browse to the extension folder. Browse to the folder that you extracted from Pandoras_Box.zip.
- Once done, and you confirm it, the extension will load and you will be able to play the game in English here. Note: Sometimes there will be some dialogues that are not translated by the extension as they are images, or are otherwise not classed in the main script.
Pandora’s Box Extension Installation – Firefox
- The Firefox installation is a lot simpler. Simply download Pandoras_Box.xpi and drag it into your Firefox Browser. Confirm the prompt, and your extension will install automatically. Then you will be able to play the game in English here. Note: Sometimes there will be some dialogues that are not translated by the extension as they are images, or are otherwise not classed in the main script.